Our Environmental Mission: We are dedicated to environmental improvements that foster a sustainable future and lead to social and economic improvements in the local community. The management of Kundayoconsiders that businesses are responsible for implementing good environmental practices and therefore must be operating in a sustainable manner.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our guests, suppliers, and our associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all, it is part of our duty of care for future generations.
Kundayo environmental policy centers on the following areas:
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the highest standards required.
- Encourages tree-planting by supporting our staff, clients, individuals, and other organizations.
- Support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice in Tanzania.
- Hotel architectural design and construction processes have been carried out using the techniques that do the least damage to the environment.
- Minimize our waste and reuse or recycle as much as possible.
- Minimize energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles, and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimize our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car-sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement with respect to water, air, noise, and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible, purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same. For example, the uses of wrought metal furniture instead of wood furniture.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy yearly in consultation with staff, suppliers, and hotel customers.